Basic Guidelines and Rules
1. A bow must be presented in order to join.
2. All members while on the range are to own and shoot archery equipment (wooden bows, recurve or compound bows). Neither crossbows nor the use of broadheads nor any firearms is permitted. Entry onto the range by vehicle is restricted exclusively to archery and no other purpose whatsoever.
3. No alcohol, smoking, nor open flames are permitted on the range.
4. Parking is only permitted in the parking lot near the practice area, not along the road nor at the top.
5. The range road is closed the day of and after it rains to protect the road.
6. Club shoots are every fourth Sunday at 9:00 a.m., the third Sunday in December.
7. Club meetings are every second Wednesday from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The meeting location is the General Aviation Meeting Room at Zamperini Field, 3301 Airport Drive, Torrance, CA. (310) 784-7900.
8. New membership to join is $15.00 for one-time registration, $10.00 for a gate key, plus $120 for the year, prorated at $10.00 per month through Jan 31st of the following year. Renewing members do not pay the $15.00 new member fee unless they renew after April 30th.
9. The renewal fee is $120. The gate key is $10.00. However, renewal membership is $72.00 only if the member has contributed at least three hours at a work party or parties during the previous year. Prices and policies are subject to change.
10. All members will abide by the Club’s By-Laws and Constitution, and all local laws and rules as set forth by the City of Rancho Palos Verdes, our Conditional Use Permit, the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy, and the Coastal Commission. Failure to comply may result with expulsion from the Club.
11. Local flora and fauna are to remain unharmed. This includes but is not limited to rabbits and other rodents, lizards, hawks, owls, and pelicans.
12. Members must have a signed insurance waiver on file. All guests must also sign a waiver.
13. Members are responsible for their guests and children.
14. The monthly newsletter is emailed. A mailed copy is available for $12 per year. Other announcements appear on our website (southbayarchery.net,) our Facebook page, and direct emails as necessary.
15. To participate for a Club Trophy Award, you must have completed at least four shoots out of 10 shoots that are held from January to December.